Our Green Policy
We believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Our policy is to
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and confirm to the high standards it required.
- Address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- Update, our Environmental Policy annually in consultation with staff, associates and customers.
Environmentally friendly logs
Northover Fuel and its suppliers work hard together to promote the use of real wood logs as a solid fuel.
The national recent trend is for people to become more environmentally aware and there has been an upsurge in demand for use of real wood as the most beneficial, environmentally friendly solid fuel option. It is clear that wood fuel is becoming the favourite eco-fuel for many households and businesses.
We consider that the logs we supply as solid fuel are eco-logs and as such help others to reduce their carbon footprint and make a difference to the world we live in.
What makes us environmentally friendly?
Northover Fuels only supply logs that are regarded as being carbon neutral and as a renewable, natural and sustainable resource, replanting ensures that a natural balance in our use of fuel is maintained.
Trees absorb CO2 and store it as carbon, which makes up about half a trees' weight. When you burn logs or firewood it releases the same amount back into the environment - just the same as if the tree was left to die and then rot.
Real Wood Ethics
Northover Fuel only use log suppliers that are responsible and ethical each seeking to improve its own eco-friendly credentials by supplying eco-friendly solid fuels and investing in product development and research.
Where marked as FSC in product descriptions, our logs and real wood meets the FSC Accreditation. The Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) is an organisation which helps promote sustainable woodlands and forestry management within the UK and around the world.
FSC Logs - Responsible Real Wood Suppliers
When you buy FSC certified logs from Northover Fuels you help to ...
Prohibit the conversion of natural forests or other habitat around the world
Reduce the use of highly hazardous pesticides around the world
Reduce the cultivation of genetically modified trees
Build respect for the rights of indigenous peoples around the world
FSC certification happens on an annual basis to ensure that the FSC standards are always maintained.
Buying logs with confidence
Buying logs or firewood from Northover Fuels gives you confidence that you are doing your bit to help the environment and foster good practice in woodland habitat and forestry management.